Diffstat (limited to 'doc')
1 files changed, 4 insertions, 13 deletions
diff --git a/doc/syslinux.txt b/doc/syslinux.txt
index f654bffd..76cae245 100644
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@
A suite of bootloaders for Linux
- Copyright 1994-2009 H. Peter Anvin and contributors
+ Copyright 1994-2010 H. Peter Anvin and contributors
This program is provided under the terms of the GNU General Public
License, version 2 or, at your option, any later version. There is no
@@ -90,10 +90,6 @@ For the DOS and Windows installers, the -m and -a options can be used
on hard drives to write a Master Boot Record (MBR), and to mark the
specific partition active.
-On boot time, by default, the kernel will be loaded from the image named
-LINUX on the boot floppy. This default can be changed, see the section
-on the Syslinux config file.
If the Shift or Alt keys are held down during boot, or the Caps or Scroll
locks are set, Syslinux will display a LILO-style "boot:" prompt. The
user can then type a kernel file name followed by any kernel parameters.
@@ -140,14 +136,9 @@ DEFAULT kernel options...
it will act just as if the entries after DEFAULT had been typed
in at the "boot:" prompt.
- If no configuration file is present, or no DEFAULT entry is
- present in the config file, the default is "linux auto".
- NOTE: Earlier versions of Syslinux used to automatically
- append the string "auto" to whatever the user specified using
- the DEFAULT command. As of version 1.54, this is no longer
- true, as it caused problems when using a shell as a substitute
- for "init." You may want to include this option manually.
+ If no configuration file is present, or no DEFAULT entry is
+ present in the config file, an error message is displayed and
+ the boot: prompt is shown.
UI module options...
Selects a specific user interface module (typically menu.c32