|author||Theodore Ts'o <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2013-01-16 13:50:12 -0500|
|committer||Theodore Ts'o <email@example.com>||2013-01-16 14:09:22 -0500|
Update Release Notes, Changelogs, version.h, etc. for 1.42.7 release
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'debian')
1 files changed, 32 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/debian/changelog b/debian/changelog
index 76091ca2..83308953 100644
@@ -1,30 +1,54 @@
e2fsprogs (1.42.7-1) unstable; urgency=low
- * New uptream version
+ * New upstream version
* Added new options to filefrag to be consistent with the version from
+ * Optimized e2fsck's CPU utilization
+ * Fixed e2fsck so it detects and fixes inconsistencies in the interior
+ nodes of an inode's extent tree
+ * Fixed a potential memory corruption failure in e2fsck's error path if
+ the call to ext2fs_open2() fails.
+ * Fixed e2fsck if its logging function is enabled in e2fsck.conf, and
+ the resulting file name for the log file is longer than 100 bytes,
+ that it properly handles this situation instead of crashing.
+ * E2fsck will now report the amount of memory that it attempted to
+ allocate when a memory allocation request fails, to make it easier to
+ track down the problem.
* Fixed a bug in resize2fs which could cause severe file system
corruption when growing an ext4 file system which was formatted with
fewer-than-normal reserved gdt blocks
* Fixed resize2fs to be able to handle off-line resizes of file
systems with the flex_bg feature and without any reserved gdt
blocks or if the file system did not have the resize_inode feature
+ * Further optimize resize2fs so it doesn't use quite as much CPU when
+ resizing very large file systems.
+ * Fixed 32-bit overflow bugs which could cause resize2fs to fail and
+ possibly corrupt the file system while resizing 64-bit file systems.
* Fix a crash while mke2fs is parsing "-E resize=NNN" with the 64bit
file system feature enabled
- * Added the "zap_block", "block_dump", and "extent_open" commands to
- * Fixed e2fsck so it detects and fixes inconsistencies in the interior
- nodes of an inode's extent tree
- * Fixed mke2fs's handling of the mmp_update_interval option
- * Optimized e2fsck's CPU utilization
+ * Added better error checking to mke2fs to check for invalid
+ parameters when creating bigalloc file system.
+ * When creating bigalloc filesystems, the -g option to mke2fs will now
+ specify the number of clusters per block group.
+ * Added the "symlink", "zap_block", "block_dump", and "extent_open"
+ commands to debugfs
* Fixed debugfs's htree command so that all its messages are sent
through the pager.
* Fixed debugfs's dump_file and cat functions so they work correctly
on file systems with a block size greater than 8k.
+ * Fixed mke2fs's handling of the mmp_update_interval option
* Fixed e2freefrag so it works on 64-bit file systems, and so it uses
much less memory.
+ * E2image can now include all data blocks in the e2image output
+ file when the user specifies the -a option.
+ * Fixed debugfs's mknod command so that it updates the block group
+ * Document the bigalloc feature in the mke2fs man page.
+ (Closes: #669730)
+ * Update Czech, Dutch, French, German, Polish, Sweedish, and
+ Vietnamese translations
- -- Theodore Y. Ts'o <email@example.com> Tue, 1 Jan 2013 10:23:04 -0500
+ -- Theodore Y. Ts'o <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:31:25 -0500
e2fsprogs (1.42.6-1) unstable; urgency=low