2 files changed, 7 insertions, 8 deletions
@@ -28,11 +28,10 @@ Changes in 3.00:
* New simple menu system, as an alternative to the advanced
menu system already present. See README.menu for details.
* PXELINUX: Filenames can now be prefixed with an IP address
- or *fully qualified* DNS name plus ::
- (e.g. 192.0.2.1::filename or server.domain.com::filename),
- which downloads a file from an alternate TFTP server, or
- just a :: (e.g. ::filename), which suppresses the common
- pathname prefix. See pxelinux.doc.
+ or DNS name plus :: (e.g. 192.0.2.1::filename or
+ server.domain.com::filename), which downloads a file from an
+ alternate TFTP server, or just a :: (e.g. ::filename), which
+ suppresses the common pathname prefix. See pxelinux.doc.
* SYSLINUX: Add an -m option to the Win32 installer (only!)
to write an MBR and -a to mark the partition SYSLINUX is
being installed on active. This will hopefully be added
diff --git a/pxelinux.doc b/pxelinux.doc
index d76e3f3e..7e016266 100644
@@ -321,9 +321,9 @@ IP address::filename (e.g. 192.0.2.1::filename)
Suppresses the common filename prefix, *and* sends a request
to an alternate TFTP server. Instead of an IP address, a
- *fully qualified* DNS name can be used,
- e.g. "bootserver.domain.com::filename" should work, but
- "bootserver::filename" typically will not.
+ DNS name can be used. It will be assumed to be fully
+ qualified if it contains dots; otherwise the local domain as
+ reported by the DHCP server (option 15) will be added.
:: was chosen because it is unlikely to conflict with operating system
usage. However, if you happen to have an environment for which the