blob: 7de43accf92400abae63aaece22a606d1132d8c4 (plain
- Cleaned up documentation, with a real man page.
- Support for clusters larger than 16K. This would require changing
a lot of the SYSLINUX internals so we can read partial clusters;
change the current "cluster pointers" to become
"cluster:sector pointers". (32K may be doable.) Microsoft
documentation claims that 32K is the maximum legal value although
"some versions of some systems allow 64K".
- EBIOS support.
- FAT32 support?
- Support initrd that span multiple input media?
- Support a small set of DOS system calls for COMBOOT images? Serial
console support makes this particularly desirable; otherwise the
user could just use the BIOS I/O calls, but that won't work with the
serial port. A feasible set would be the following:
00h - Terminate program
01h - Read char with echo (return char AL)
02h - Display character (in DL)
08h - Read Keyboard Without Echo (return char in AL)
09h - Display string (DS:DX -> end string in $)
0Bh - Check keyboard status (AL = 0FFh if char avail; AL = 00h if not)
30h - Get version number (return AX=0000h BX=0000h CX=0000h)
4Ch - Terminate program
... in addition to INT 20h (Terminate program), of course.
- Create or point users to a better PXE boot daemon.