Diffstat (limited to 'TODO')
1 files changed, 8 insertions, 11 deletions
@@ -5,30 +5,27 @@ $Id$
- PXELINUX: Support changing the default server and downloading files
from a non-default server.
+- Allow the boot sector to be written to a file instead of the actual
+ boot sector.
*** Debugging projects:
- Figure out why MEMDISK croaks on the WinME/WinXP DOS startup disk.
+*** In progress, but for
*** Future projects:
- Clean up the command-line parsing.
- Cleaned up documentation, with a real man page.
-- Support for clusters larger than 16K. This would require changing
- a lot of the SYSLINUX internals so we can read partial clusters;
- change the current "cluster pointers" to become
- "cluster:sector pointers". (32K may be doable.) Microsoft
- documentation claims that 32K is the maximum legal value although
- "some versions of some systems allow 64K".
-- EBIOS support.
-- FAT32 support.
+- Major rewrite of SYSLINUX to support EBIOS/EDD, FAT32 and large
+ clusters. This should also enable code to be shared with the
+ ext2/ext3 version.
-- ext2/ext3 support.
+- ext2/ext3 support (EXTLINUX.)
- Subdirectory support in SYSLINUX.