Diffstat (limited to 'NEWS')
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 3 deletions
@@ -8,8 +8,8 @@ Changes in 1.49:
low 512K is available; PXELINUX requires 384K. Machines
with a physical memory hole in the low 640K cannot boot
Linux no matter what.) Depending what the reason is for the
- memory hole, a new kernel (2.4.0-test3 or later) may be
+ memory hole, a new kernel (2.4.0-test3-pre3 or later) may be
+ required. [PXELINUX NOT FULLY DONE IN THIS TEST VERSION]
* SYSLINUX: Default installer binary now compiled against
glibc 2.1. If this is inappropriate for your system and you
still want to use the offical version of SYSLINUX, please
@@ -21,7 +21,11 @@ Changes in 1.49:
individual partition of a whole-harddisk image.
* Include the source code to a Master Boot Record (MBR)
functionally equivalent to the one installed DOS except it
- includes EBIOS support. The MBR code is public domain.
+ includes EBIOS support, and should be resistant to geometry
+ changes. The MBR code is public domain.
+ * PXELINUX: Fix "double p" bug: if the tftp prefix was null,
+ all filenames would get a "p" preprended, e.g.
+ "ppxelinux.cfg" and "pvmlinux".
Changes in 1.48:
* PXELINUX: Workaround for PXE ROMs based on the Intel PXE PDK