Diffstat (limited to 'init')
1 files changed, 3 insertions, 31 deletions
diff --git a/init/Kconfig b/init/Kconfig
index 074ac97f55e..a97924bc5b8 100644
@@ -865,38 +865,10 @@ source "block/Kconfig"
- prompt "RCU implementation type:"
- default CLASSIC_RCU
- This allows you to choose either the classic RCU implementation
- that is designed for best read-side performance on non-realtime
- systems, or the preemptible RCU implementation for best latency
- on realtime systems. Note that some kernel preemption modes
- will restrict your choice.
- Select the default if you are unsure.
- bool "Classic RCU"
+ def_bool !PREEMPT_RCU
This option selects the classic RCU implementation that is
designed for best read-side performance on non-realtime
- Say Y if you are unsure.
- bool "Preemptible RCU"
- depends on PREEMPT
- This option reduces the latency of the kernel by making certain
- RCU sections preemptible. Normally RCU code is non-preemptible, if
- this option is selected then read-only RCU sections become
- preemptible. This helps latency, but may expose bugs due to
- now-naive assumptions about each RCU read-side critical section
- remaining on a given CPU through its execution.
- Say N if you are unsure.
+ systems. Classic RCU is the default. Note that the
+ PREEMPT_RCU symbol is used to select/deselect this option.