Diffstat (limited to 'drivers/tty/n_tracesink.c')
1 files changed, 10 insertions, 13 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/tty/n_tracesink.c b/drivers/tty/n_tracesink.c
index 1815c52f492..c5a48e6a173 100644
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
- * n_tracesink.c - PTI data router for JTAG data extration
+ * n_tracesink.c - Trace data router and sink path through tty space.
* Copyright (C) Intel 2010
@@ -41,7 +41,7 @@
/* Other ldisc drivers use 65536 which basically means,
* 'I can always accept 64k' and flow control is off.
@@ -51,11 +51,10 @@
#define DRIVERNAME "n_tracesink"
/* there is a quirk with this ldisc is he can write data
- * to a tty from anyone calling his kernel API, to keep
- * it along the same theme with drivers/misc/pti.c
- * whose requirements were defined by customers. So he
- * needs to know when he can and cannot write when the
- * API is called. In theory, the API can be called
+ * to a tty from anyone calling his kernel API, which
+ * meets customer requirements in the drivers/misc/pti.c
+ * project. So he needs to know when he can and cannot write when
+ * the API is called. In theory, the API can be called
* after an init() but before a successful open() which
* would crash the system if tty is not checked.
@@ -173,10 +172,8 @@ static ssize_t n_tracesink_write(struct tty_struct *tty, struct file *file,
* trace debugging data to user-defined
* port like USB.
- * @mc: Not used. Null can be passed. Needed to keep
- * conformance with mipi_pti_writedata().
- * @buf: Trace debuging data to write to the PTI HW.
- * Null value will return with no write occurring.
+ * @buf: Trace debuging data buffer to write to tty target
+ * port. Null value will return with no write occurring.
* @count: Size of buf. Value of 0 or a negative number will
* return with no write occuring.
@@ -186,7 +183,7 @@ static ssize_t n_tracesink_write(struct tty_struct *tty, struct file *file,
* to call the write().
-void mipi_pti_sinkdata(struct masterchannel *mc, u8 *cp, int count)
+void n_tracesink_datadrain(u8 *cp, int count)
pr_debug("%s(%s): called\n", __FILE__, __func__);
@@ -197,7 +194,7 @@ void mipi_pti_sinkdata(struct masterchannel *mc, u8 *cp, int count)
/* Flush buffer is not impelemented as the ldisc has no internal buffering
* so the tty_driver_flush_buffer() is sufficient for this driver's needs.