Diffstat (limited to 'drivers/char/Kconfig')
1 files changed, 9 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/char/Kconfig b/drivers/char/Kconfig
index a5ca20bf4f6..979a5941a35 100644
@@ -112,23 +112,24 @@ config BFIN_JTAG_COMM_CONSOLE
tristate "Trace data router for MIPI P1149.7 cJTAG standard"
+ depends on TRACE_SINK
+ default Y
The trace router uses the Linux tty line discipline framework to route
- trace data coming from a HW Modem to a PTI (Parallel Trace Inferface)
- port. This is part of a solution for the MIPI P1149.7, compact JTAG,
- standard, which is for debugging mobile devices. A PTI
- driver is also needed for this solution.
+ trace data coming from a tty port (say UART for example) to
+ the trace sink line discipline driver and to another tty port (say
+ USB). This is part of a solution for the MIPI P1149.7, compact JTAG,
+ standard, which is for debugging mobile devices. The PTI
+ driver in drivers/misc/pti.c defines the majority of this MIPI solution.
You should select this driver if the target kernel is meant for
a mobile device containing a modem. Then you will need to select
"Trace data sink for MIPI P1149.7 cJTAG standard" line discipline
- driver and/or "Parallel Trace Interface for MIPI P1149.7 cJTAG standard"
- HW driver implementation.
tristate "Trace data sink for MIPI P1149.7 cJTAG standard"
+ default Y
The trace sink uses the Linux line discipline framework to receive
trace data coming from the trace router line discipline driver